Caroline Flack died just one day after her boyfriend Lewis Burton professed his love for her in a gushing Valentine’s Day message.
The former Love Island host, 40, was found dead at her London flat on Saturday, February 15, just weeks before she was due to go on trial for assaulting Lewis.
She was banned from contacting Lewis after she was charged with assault in December and she was due to return to court on March 4.
Tragedy: Caroline Flack died just one day after her boyfriend Lewis Burton professed his love for her in a gushing Valentine’s Day message
He publicly reached out to her on Valentine’s Day amid constant speculation they had ended their relationship, posting a photo on Instagram and writing: ‘Happy Valentine’s… Love You.’
The latest comes after Lewis wrote in the comments section of a picture of Caroline climbing a wall to joke that she and her friend were ‘useless.’
Caroline posted her final Instagram snap on Thursday.
The presenter shared her first post on her grid in two months, which saw her fawning over her pet dog, Ruby.
The collage of snaps, captioned simply with a love heart emoji, were posted hours after her boyfriend contacted her via the photo sharing platform.
Defiant: The post came after Caroline shared her final Instagram snap on Thursday, after Lewis reached out to her previously on a post about her wall-climbing with a pal
Caroline could be seen cosied up in bed whilst clad in a black bra, with her golden locks worn tousled and her plump pout boasting a slick of scarlet lipstick.
The ex-Love Island host was captured in a video posted to Instagram by her pal Mollie Grosberg, which showed her attempting to go up a wall at The Castle Climbing Centre in London on Wednesday.
But in a now-deleted comment, Lewis said: ‘You’re both useless’ alongside a love heart emoji, even though Caroline has been ordered by a judge not to have any communication with him.
Caroline’s friend Mollie had uploaded the video to her profile, captioning the post: ‘We are professional climbers #healthiswealth.’
Reaching out: The collage of snaps, captioned simply with a love heart emoji, were posted hours after her boyfriend Lewis, 27, contacted her via the photo sharing platform
Meanwhile, Lewis cut a casual figure as he was seen making his way to work on Tuesday.
The former professional tennis player, 27, went for a laid back look for his outing, donning a navy sleeveless jacket which he paired with a white top and dark gray tracksuit bottoms.
Wrapping up for the frosty weather with a scarf, Lewis also wore a navy cap and a pair of white trainers.
The model carried his phone in one hand as he tried to keep a low-profile following the fall out from Caroline’s assault charge.
Ban: Lewis made his first public contact with Caroline since hitting back at split rumours – despite her being banned from contacting him after she was charged with assault
Lewis was recently forced to deny claims that he and Caroline had split and he had been texting another woman following Caroline’s return to the UK from LA.
He said last month: ‘We ain’t split. Can’t wait to see you.’
Caroline posted the same day: ‘I’m going to speak today… mine and my family’s life is no longer up for entertainment or gossip,’ before changing her mind.
‘You’re both useless’: Lewis showed his love for Caroline in a now-deleted comment that was posted to her pal Mollie Grosberg’s video on Instagram
Relaxed: Caroline had looked relaxed and care-free as she enjoyed wall climbing with a friend at The Castle Climbing Centre in London on Wednesday
Care-free: In a video shared to Instagram by her TV producer pal, Mollie Grosberg, the former Love Island star could be seen laughing as she struggled to climb the wall
Still together: Meanwhile, Lewis recently shared this post amid split rumours, writing that he ‘can’t wait to see Caroline’
A source had told MailOnline at the time: ‘Caroline wanted to speak as she’s so sick of all the rumours and speculation about her.
‘But she posted on Instagram without thinking and once she had some time to calm down she knew better to keep quiet until the time is right.’
Caroline is currently on bail after being charged with assault by beating following a bust-up at her north London home with boyfriend Lewis.
Sad: Caroline posted the same day Lewis denied their split saying: ‘I’m going to speak today… mine and my family’s life is no longer up for entertainment or gossip’ but she decided against it
District Judge Newton told Caroline she would be subject to conditional bail, meaning she is not allowed any contact with Lewis ahead of her trial on March 4.
Following her last court appearance in December, Caroline released a statement on Instagram, saying: ‘Thankfully I know a lot of you will not believe all that you have heard and read following today’s court hearing… thank you for your continued support and love…
‘It’s going to be a relief when I am able to give my side of the story, when I’m allowed to.’
Caroline is accused of attacking Lewis after seeing texts on his phone which led her to believe he was cheating on her.
The alleged attack prompted Lewis, a former professional tennis player and model, to dial 999 at 5.25am, in which he told the operator: ‘She tried to kill me mate.’
It was heard in court that Lewis was ‘hit over the head by Caroline with a lamp’ while he was asleep.
Lewis sustained a cut to his head, while Caroline had smashed a glass and had lacerations to her left wrist.
Caroline’s boyfriend denies he’s a ‘victim’ and has stood by her throughout the court proceedings, with the pair remaining in a romantic relationship.
On bail: District Judge Newton told Caroline she would be subject to conditional bail, meaning she is not allowed any contact with Lewis ahead of her trial on March 4 (pictured outside court)