From bleak to chic: Couple show off their VERY impressive modern bathroom renovation – and exactly how they did it
- Young couple show off their incredible bathroom renovation that was $12,000
- The couple painted the room and added new tiles in sage green to the walls
- They added a new vanity, LED mirror and created a joint shower and bath space
- ‘Gorgeous such a sublime area to relax. Looks amazing,’ a Facebook user wrote
A young couple have shown off the incredible renovation of their old run down, retro bathroom.
Amelia and Dean from Christchurch, New Zealand, transformed their space into a serene retreat for $12,000 – and the result was well worth the hard work.
The couple began their transformation with a fresh coat of paint onto the walls and added new ceiling lights to instantly modernise the room.
A young couple have shown off the incredible renovation of their old run down, retro bathroom
The shower space has been covered in sage green tiles and the innovative bathroom design has the shower and bath tub together behind the glass door to ensure water is kept in one area
They then added in a new bath tub from Caroma and a new shower floor with wall cut-outs for storage, then added white paneling around the vanity.
Amelia’s vanity from Bathroom Clearance features a sleek white design with a golden tap and handles to introduce a pop of colour to the room.
The LED mirror light from Trade Depot sits above the sink and a gold heated towel rack was screwed onto the opposite wall to compliment the bathroom tap.
They then added in a new bath tub from Caroma and a new shower floor with wall cut-outs for storage, then added white paneling around the vanity
The shower space has been covered in sage green tiles in the shade Crest Sea Foam and the gold shower head from Mitre 10 matches the other bathroom details.
The innovative bathroom design features a joint shower and bath tub space behind the glass door to ensure water is kept in one area and cleaning is made easy.
‘We love it, so practical! Cleaning the bath is a breeze because you can use the hand held shower head,’ Amelia wrote.
Bathroom renovation steps
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to walls and add new ceiling lights to instantly modernise the room.
- Add new bath tub and new shower floor with wall cut-outs for storage.
- Place white paneling around the vanity and add golden taps and handles.
- Hang the LED mirror light above the sink and screw a gold heated towel rack onto the opposite wall.
- Cover the shower and bath space with sage green tiles and apply a gold shower head to match other bathroom details.
- Finish decorating the room with other interior elements like soap dish, products, plants and scented candles.
She posted her stunning bathroom transformation to a popular renovation Facebook page and received hundreds of likes and comments.
‘Amazing! The kids could splash as much as they wanted in there without a worry in the world,’ a page member wrote.
‘Gorgeous such a sublime area to relax in. Looks amazing. Never seen a layout like that, feeling inspired,’ another wrote.