Little girl who spent her entire life dealing with horrific eczema can finally live in comfort after her mother discovers ‘miracle’ Aussie creams
- Four-month-old Millie Zweifel had severe, bleeding eczema on her face and scalp
- Her mother Jen, 35, said two products from Australia’s MooGoo help her cope
- The Scalp Cream and an Eczema and Psoriasis Cream help relieve symptoms
- She said the creams ‘immediately calms (the rashes) and the redness disappears’
A four-month-old girl had eczema so severe she would leave her pillow bloody and cry uncontrollably before discovering a ‘miracle’ cure.
Millie Zweifel’s mother Jen, 35, said her daughter had eczema on her face and scalp that ‘crusts and comes off in yellow chunks’.
‘Millie’s face gets so sore she can’t stop crying,’ Ms Zweifel said.
Four-month-old Millie Zweifel (above) had severe eczema that targeted her face and scalp
Millie’s mum, Jen, said her daughter would cry uncontrollably and leave pillows bloody because of her dry skin
‘She claws at her face and scalp, her pillow is sometimes covered in blood.’
Australia has one of the biggest eczema problems in the world with about one third of the population diagnosed with the debilitating skin condition.
People with eczema often suffer from chronic itchiness, rashes, weeping sores and rough skin.
Ms Zweifel said the Scalp Cream and an Eczema and Psoriasis Cream from Australian skincare brand MooGoo have been miracle products to help ease Millie’s eczema.
Ms Zweifel said four-month-old Millie’s eczema gets so irritated it ‘crusts and comes off in yellow chunks’
Millie’s eczema mainly affects her scalp and face but can spread all over her body when her skin is extremely irritated
‘As soon as I apply it to her face it immediately calms it and the redness disappears. It’s amazing and really comforts her,’ she said.
‘Because she’s got such thick hair, I massage it into her hair and scalp like conditioner and leave it for a few hours, and then comb it out. It comes out really easily, and then I wash her hair.’
Melody Livingstone, CEO of MooGoo, said she’s noticed the rise of eczema patients.
‘Australia has one of the highest incidences of eczema in the world, and it is only getting worse – 50 years ago, only one in 10 Australian children suffered from it,’ she said.
Ms Zweifel said MooGoo’s Scalp Cream and an Eczema and Psoriasis Cream ‘immediately calms (Millie’s rashes) and the redness disappears’
Ms Zweifel used MooGoo’s Scalp Cream and an Eczema and Psoriasis Cream to help clear Milie’s eczema
‘Eczema can develop for a number of reasons, including climate, lifestyle, hygiene and genetics. The skin can easily become infected, causing pain, inflammation and lack of sleep.
‘Research shows the number of cases of eczema is on the rise worldwide, but we don’t know why that is.
‘There are more people with eczema than ever before – we’re selling an eczema cream every two minutes.
‘As there is no proven cure for eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis, education and keeping the symptoms under control is critical.’
MOOGOO CEO MELODY LIVINGSTONE’S TIPS FOR ECZEMA
- Keep fingernails short to prevent scratching from breaking the skin and wear cotton mitts or gloves at night
- Wear 100 per cent cotton or soft fabrics – avoiding rough, scratchy fibres and tight clothing
- Have lukewarm baths and showers
- Using hypoallergenic products and avoiding anything perfumed
- Gently pat, not rub, the skin dry with a soft towel
- Apply a moisturiser within three minutes after bathing to ‘lock in’ the moisture
- Avoid rapid changes of temperature and activities that raise a sweat
- Use sensitive skin washing powders and detergents
- Reduce daily stress